31 August 2011

Fall Trends: Back to Prep School

The releasing of Fall collections and September magazine issues is undoubtedly one of the highlights to my Summer. As someone who was born and raised in New York, I love having seasons. I won't lie though, by mid-June I am more then ready for the toned down weather of late August-early September. In terms of dressing, I always have the most fun in the Fall. It's that unique season where with the right pairing you could wear Summer clothes right up to October.

After scouring the pages of September's InStyle, I have a healthy list of things I am craving for my favourite shopping season. One trend that was very apparent is a very Prep School look. This is a look I do not like to indulge too heavily in as I look very young for my age, and this style is not exactly a help. Luckily, there are several aspects of the trend that, when styled correctly, won't make me look like a 12 year old.

Here are a few things from this trend I'm looking to invest in:

A horisontal striped sweater over a collared button-down.



They're from H&M and Banana Republic, respectively.
I love the idea of this, which isn't new but so many comfortable looking sweaters are popping up I am determined to give it a chic and sexy spin. I have quite a few outfit pairings in mind for this combo, I think we're going to have to do a whole separate post on that :)

Since the purchase of a great blazer in May, I have gone blazer crazy. As any petite will know, it's a task finding one's that you like and also fit. I have had my eye on this little baby for weeks after spotting it at Zara:



It's a navy blazer with red stitch detailing, and in person it appears to have a cropped length. I have yet to try it on because of the price tag. Let's hope it delivers when I finally take the plunge. You can find it on their website here. I love blazer's because they're a great transitional piece. You can throw it on during the Summer on a chilly night, or use it as a jacket as Fall weather becomes more apparent. It's also appropriate for every work environment. Overall, a great investment.


What are some of your Fall must haves?

No comments:

Post a Comment