22 September 2011

Accessories: Watch Edition

Watches are by far my most treasured accessories, and they're convenient too. I love the image of a person looking at their wrist for the time instead of their mobile phone. I bought a classic black watch from Swatch a few years ago, and it's the first accessory I go to every morning. It's a great simple watch that allows you to play up other accessories but still serve the function of checking the time. Recently I've been looking to add to my collection.

There are so many options out there that I think it's good to keep a few key things in mind:

1. Know what you want. Are you looking for a long-term investment or the current trend that may only last a few seasons? Neither is a bad option but it is important to know what your choice is. It will help to narrow your purchase down further.

2. As a general rule, I wouldn't go out and buy a $300 watch that I may not like a year from now. Unless you're a Rockefeller, create a realistic budget for the piece you're looking for and it's longevity in your lifestyle.


If you're looking for an investment piece, I would stick to  gold tone, silver, or a leather strap, based on your personal taste. Here are some that caught my eye:

Classic Watches



View Polyvore details here.


There are also some great styles in watches appearing everywhere now. I would consider these to be more seasonal, and some will definitely rise and fall like the sun in terms of popularity. It's up to your own careful discretion whether or not it's worth the price to you. There are so many beautiful watches at different price points, that you never really have to fork over $500 for one.

Hot Now- Watches

View the Polyvore details here.


I love watches because they're an accessory that just never gets old. Even as we move further into an age where the technology of a watch can seem outdated, there is something so classic about having a watch on your wrist. Thank you for reading, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I am still not sure what to get. I wouldn't wear a watch everyday but I do like the white watch trend. Although I have a feeling I will be seeing less of it now that the weather is getting cooler. Perhaps I will put it on hold and see if the trend picks back up in the spring. Knowing me I'll drop $250 on a MK watch and won't be able to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would wait it out then. I'm all for spending on a watch because I wear them everyday. As you don't, I would make sure it's really something first.

    ReplyDelete