06 September 2011

Fall Trends: Burgundy

I have to say that the Fall trend I am most excited about is the increased appearance of the colour burgundy. The colour red is just so vibrant, and I personally feel that burgundy is the most universally flattering colour in that colour family.

Here are some burgundy items I'll be keeping my eye on this season:

Zara Sheath Skirt in Wine (here)


I found this skirt while browsing one of their District stores a few weeks ago with a girlfriend. It was love at first sight and I hope to bring her home before it becomes impossible to find. It comes in letter sizing, and I tried on the XS. Let's just say, it fits AMAZING. Another great thing to note about the skirt is that it had lining! This got me very excited. Every pencil skirt I've owned has lacked that feature and well it just adds to the complication factor in terms of undergarments and tucking things in. The idea of a lined skirt excites me because now I won't have to worry about whether my shirt is bunching or if people can see the outline of my undergarments. I plan on making another trip to Zara soon, and will be sure to get some fitting room pictures.

Tahari 'James' in Ruby (here)


Burgundy may be big this Fall but it's definitely a colour that has staying power for years to come. With that in mind, why not invest in a burgundy pump? I think the above shoe is great. It has got a do-able heal height, the colour looks great in patent, and it has my favourite name in the world. This is definitely going on my wish list. For more burgundy shoe options, you can check out this post from one of my favourite blogs CapitolHillStyle.

I also couldn't resist taking these little babies home with me from Aldo (buy here) last month. They come in four colours: Bordeaux, Navy, Black patent, and Black Synthetic. They're pictured below in Bordeaux, which also happens to be the colour I purchased them in.



I've worn them a few times and they are super comfy. One thing to note however is the sole fabric was loose and I had to super glue it down to the shoe. Clearly not of the highest quality in terms of craftsmanship but I've had no problems since that so they were well worth it anyway.




I hope you enjoyed reading!
Are you love this Fall's burgundy trend? What items do you have your eye on?

1 comment:

  1. I am liking the burgundy! I don't think wearing that color as a skirt would work for me but a pop of color in the shoe or even bag would better suit me. Loving those flats and pumps

    ReplyDelete