24 November 2011

Midweek Treats: Thanksgiving

I have a confession. My favourite holiday is Thanksgiving but I never celebrate it. Growing up in my mom's house, we skipped it most years to prepare for Christmas (we hosted my family for it every year). It was a practical thing to do but I was always secretly bummed when the holiday came along. This year being no different, I thought I'd post a few pictures I found that would be part of the equation (people are needed too) in summing up my ideal Thanksgiving.

Even though I prefer chicken to turkey (in most instances), you can't have Thanksgiving dinner without it at the centre of the table.

I'm still secretly wishing I liked pumpkin pie but hopefully I'll learn to make it good enough for others to enjoy, and it'll smell awfully good at that!

I kind of feel stuffing is more important than the turkey. While it's too late to make it for Thanksgiving, I'm definitely learning to make this in time for the Christmas holiday. You can bet I'll spend hours after putting together this post scoping out tons of recipe's to choose from.

Fireplace's... I've always wanted one but never had one. They're so picturesque and add such character to a room. I see sitting in cozy chairs with hot chocolate or hot apple cider in hand, watching the football game (go patriots!) after a stuffed meal.


To all those in the U.S. (even though I'm sure my readership has yet to move past it), I hope you have a wonderful holiday and thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment