07 November 2011

Pencil Skirt Mission Part 1: All in the Details at Ann Taylor

I may have mentioned this before but I'm not a huge fan of trousers. Give me a pencil skirt and a nice blouse, and suddenly I feel alive, chic, feminine, and everything else I want to feel in my clothes. Currently, I have a simple black one from Zara but it has a whole list of things wrong with it:

1. It needs a hem of about 2-3inches to be at my ideal length (that being about 1-1.5in. above the knee).

2. It doesn't have lining. I naively bought the skirt on sale 3 years ago, and had no idea what I should even be looking for in one. Now though, lining is bordering on mandatory for me. It just gives a cleaner line and makes tucking in so much easier.

3. I burnt it with an iron, so now the front has a section that looks shiny and glossy... Not exactly what I was going for.

Anyway, this has led me to seek another, several is what I really prefer. I've been feeling blah about plain black lately, so I scoured the Ann Taylor site for one's that have interesting details. Below are some that I found that I really like, and I need your help deciding which one to get!

I first saw it on Extra Petite and have been obsessed with it since. Sadly, at the time of writing this, the smallest size available is 0P. So this may have to stay on the back burner for a bit regardless of my liking.


This skirts design really reminds me of the Theory suit that has been a popular choice for the petite blogger's I follow. It's a simple dark colour but gives a bit of shimmer to brighten it up. The one thing that worries me is the length. The debate I started when finding this on the AT site is no closer to being over, and that was a few weeks ago. I'd love to get an extra set of opinions on this issue.

What the last skirt lacks, this one makes up for. The length (at least on the model) is perfect. I do wish it had more of a sparkle like the previous one but I like it just as well. It's a simple black/grey pencil skirt, and I'm imagining the fabric being a bit thicker (good thing for the coming Winter months).


If I had to narrow it down further, it would be between the first and last skirt. The first one stays in the running because it seems to have done well for Extra Petite, whom I would say is my size except her legs may be a tad shorter and she definitely has a narrower waist than I do. This means the slight issues she had with the skirt, may be a non issue for me. I like the sound of that for the sheer fact that I don't have the money right now to running off to the tailors, I've got Christmas pressies to think about.

What do you think? Thank you for reading and enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment