28 October 2011

Friday Night Out: Transitioning from Day to Night

This Friday is a unique one. Mainly, I will be traveling at ungodly hours this morning (in progress for several hours as you read this) and consuming massive amounts of coffee just to stay awake. For a day like this my goal is always to feel comfortable while radiating a chic look. Since I won't have any resting time until after 5pm, I want a minimal no frills transition to my evening look. Due to the long day that I'm bound for, a typical Friday Night Out in this situation would consist of a little dinner and maybe live music (don't forget the venti from Starbucks I'll be consuming on the way to dinner- a trooper award in my future?). Here's what I came up with:


Day to Night- Travel edition



View the Polyvore details here.

I love a dark skinny jean. It is impossible go wrong. I've paired it with a beautiful simple burgundy cowl neck sweater, and a great cognac wedge boot. What I like about these pieces is they're great for colder weather. I actually own these exact boots and I find, at least for me, that they're a bit wide in the foot allowing for thicker socks. It's important to mention this given that it's going to be one cold weekend. Okay, okay. Not that cold. BUT it will be colder than this section of the Northeast has been accustomed to this Fall. That's where our trusty cowl neck comes in. I paired it with a simple gold stud, just because bare ears look weird to be and watch+bracelet combo. I topped this outfit off with a cropped coat and a great bag that will hold just about everything (more on that soon). The transition to evening is kept simple with a quick swap of the boots for sleek black booties. I also swapped the jewelry out for black drop earrings which I am loving right now. I also added a leopard clutch with a chain to allow for a hands free evening.


Since I'm traveling, I thought it would be fun if I themed all of today's posts to that. Stay tuned for more around 1pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment